NEWSLETTER April 2008
Just a short newsletter to inform you of two dates for your diaries.
1. The ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING will be held at 8pm Monday 28th April 2008, at Rochdale Transport Club, Baron Street, Rochdale.
The following proposals will be discussed:-
1. To reduce the number of members meetings from 5 to 3 per year.
2. All pike to be removed (and not returned) from society waters if caught or when netted.
3. Season ticket scheme for Syke.
There will be the reports from the club officers, match secretary, bailiffs, treasurer, fisheries officer (including stocking) and webmaster. You will have the opportunity to ask them any questions and have your say.
As part of the Societys 150th anniversary, a special free draw will be held on the night,
1st prize £50 Rochdale Angling Gift Voucher.
2nd prize £30 Rochdale Angling Gift Voucher.
3rd prize £20 Rochdale Angling Gift Voucher.
* the draw will only be for those members attending the meeting, so don’t miss out !!!.
Although there is business to attend to at the AGM, It is also a social occasion and once the business has been concluded there will be the presentation of the trophies to our match winners and a free buffet (not to be missed) !!!.
2. Fishery in a Day - Syke - Saturday 10th May 2008.
A massive working party has been arranged for the above date.
The idea is to not only blitz all the usual maintainance jobs around the big water (pruning, strimming, litter picking, etc.) but to make the small water fishable again by removing weed and reeds and creating as many fishing pegs as we can.
It is hoped that as many members as possible will attend, (please bring any suitable tools, waders/wellies, butties and a flask). We hope to start at 9.00am, but you can come and go, at your convenience. Obviously, fishing will be restricted that day until the work has been finished on the big water,(mid afternoon hopefully).
Thanks to the members who attended and stayed for the members meeting in February.
Hope to see you all again at the AGM.